Formal instruction in physical education is part of the curriculum at Tambearly. We emphasize fitness, team play, and skill development. Opportunities for additional physical education are offered during lunch and break time, as well as after school and on Saturday mornings.
We have a strong soccer program and an outstanding team - The Tambearly Titans - who were most recently crowned BFA cup winners for under-12s. We love to cheer on our Titans!
Weekly clubs held on Friday afternoons include:
B.R.E.E. F (Bahamas Reef Environment Educational Foundation)
Discovery Club (Bahamas National Trust)
Students select a club at the start of the school year.
Field trips extend the classroom experience and are important in providing students with off-campus exposure and experience. All grades participate in at least two field trips per year. Every May the senior students participate in an over-night field trip to an outer island destination. High school students will also have the opportunity during the school year to go to a foreign destination.
After School Activities
Options for after school activities include:
Gymnastics (KGN/ Gr.1-4)
Special Events & Programmes
Special events and programmes throughout the school year enrich the curriculum, from drama to athletics to charity for the community. Here are just a few of the events that we participate in each year:
- Two stage productions ensure that every student stands in the spotlight
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Trike-A-Thon-Official school for the past six years
- Sports Day celebrating athleticism and sportsmanship
- The Governor General’s Youth Award Program (The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award)
- Annual Art Show- exhibition of student work and talent
- Science fair –research, development and presentation of science projects